Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WOW #1

this is my first WOW/whoot whoot

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Book bloggers present upcoming books they can’t wait to read and share their enthusiasm about new releases.




Wicked as They Come (Blud #1)
by Delilah S. Dawson 
Published by Pocket
Date published:  March 27th 2012

Synopsis:Have you ever heard of a Bludman? They’re rather like you and me—only more fabulous, immortal, and mostly indestructible. (They’re also very good kissers.) 
Delilah S. Dawson’s darkly tempting debut drops her unsuspecting heroine into a strange faraway land for a romantic adventure that’s part paranormal, part steampunk . . . and completely irresistible. 
When Tish Everett forces open the ruby locket she finds at an estate sale, she has no idea that a deliciously rakish Bludman has cast a spell just for her. She wakes up in a surreal world, where Criminy Stain, the dashing proprietor of a magical traveling circus, curiously awaits. At Criminy’s electric touch, Tish glimpses a tantalizing future, but she also foresees her ultimate doom. Before she can decide whether to risk her fate with the charming daredevil, the locket disappears, and with it, her only chance to return home. Tish and Criminy battle roaring sea monsters and thundering bludmares, vengeful ghosts and crooked Coppers in a treacherous race to recover the necklace from the evil Blud-hating Magistrate. But if they succeed, will Tish forsake her fanged suitor and return to her normal life, or will she take a chance on an unpredictable but dangerous destiny with the Bludman she’s coming to love.

This one sounds like steampunk fantasy maybe with vampires. who knows and read a few raving reviews. i want it




Way to Go 
by Tom Ryan
Pubkished by Orca Book Publishers 
Date Publication:  : April 1st 2012

Synopis:  Kierce has a rule for everything, not to mention his whole future planned out. Jay has bad grades, no plans, and could care less. As for Danny, he’s stuck somewhere in the middle and can’t stop stressing out about it. His dad keeps nagging him about his post-high school plans, his friends won’t stop bugging him about girls, and a run-in with the cops means he has to to get a summer job – about the last thing he had planned. Worst of all, the secret he’s been keeping for years is threatening to spill out into the open. 
Just when he’s beginning to wonder how he’ll get through the summer, let alone survive another year in Deep Cove, Danny meets Lisa Walsh. Lisa is dynamic, beautiful, and different from any girl he’s ever known. She’s also from New York City, which is about as far from Deep Cove as the dark side of the moon. For the first time in a while, things begin to look like they might turn out all right after all – that is, if friends, family, and reality don’t get in the way. 
WAY TO GO is Tom Ryan’s first novel 

I love contemporary and this one sounds mmmm .... ooh soo good 

15 comments:

  1. Welcome to WoW! Wicked as They Come sounds pretty good!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to Go sounds really good! I haven't heard about it before so thanks for sharing! :)

    My pick for this week is here :)
    Happy reading!
    Vicky Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cover for WAY TO GO is super cool!

    stop by my blog?! I have lots of picks this week!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooow Roro your very first Wow :) Nice <3

    And I like Way to go :) Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first book looks sorta interesting, not something I'd usually pick up but if I stumbled across it maybe.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting/sharing your link to WoW.

    Kristin@BloodSweatandBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for Way to Go either :) Thanks again for pointing these out to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to Way to Go as well. This is the first I've heard of Wicked As They Come and I like the sound of it. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to WOW!
    Interesting pick! I saw Wicked as They Come on Goodreads a while back and now you totally reminded of it! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Wicked As They Come sounds so enticing! I love the cover too, it just draws me in :)
    Thanks for some great picks, I hope you get to read them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wicked as They Come showed up in my mailbox a few days ago. Really looking forward to reading it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! Your first WoW! :D

    I haven't heard of either books but they sound good; I'll have to keep an eye out for them! :)

    thanks for stopping by my WoW this week!

    happy reading!
    Dominique
    The Book Vault

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! That's amazing for a first WOW! Better than mine and I've done two..thansk for the book info..will be waiting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wicked as They Come - LOOKS freaking AWESOME!!! Love the cover and the story sounds like it should be a great book. It's on my MRL.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have more From home Media Easy Great Gadgets!

    Feel free to surf to my blog: video to mp3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater